Teaching for our programmes in the first term of the 2021-22 academic year will be a blend of online and campus-based activity. Induction for new students follows the same pattern and consists of three parts: the Get Started at St. George’s 2021 online induction module, live online events and on-site induction.
On-site induction induction
View all Close all
Incoming students will be invited on to campus to collect their student ID card, have an introduction to your course and the university, and to meet with Occupational Health if needed. Students should expect to be on campus for at least a couple of days in their first week. Freshers activities will be happening at the same time (restrictions permitting) so you may wish to be on campus more often than that.
Start dates for onsite induction are as follows:
- MPAS Physician Associate: Tuesday 31 August
- MBBS Medicine (graduate entry): Tuesday 31 August
- MSc Physiotherapy: Tuesday 31 August
- BSc Paramedic Science (including in-service students): Tuesday 31 August
- MBBS Medicine (five-year): Monday 20 September
- BSc Healthcare Science: Monday 27 September
- BSc Clinical Pharmacology: Monday 27 September
- BSc Diagnostic Radiography: Monday 27 September
- BSc Therapeutic Radiography: Monday 27 September
- BSc/MSci Biomedical Science: Monday 27 September
- BSc Physiotherapy: Monday 27 September
- BSc Occupational Therapy: Monday 27 September
- Other Taught Postgraduate Programmes: Monday 13 September or Tuesday 14 September
Full timetables for the first week of each of these courses will be added shortly.
Live online events and induction module
In addition to events being held onsite, we’ll be holding some live online events to welcome everyone to St George’s before the term starts.
Welcome to St. George’s keynote address with Professor Jane Saffell
A warm welcome to St. George’s from our Deputy Principal for Education, Course Directors and other staff. Students will also be able to contribute their own greetings to their new colleagues. All are welcome to attend any of these events online but they will be tailored to individual courses.
A warm welcome to St. George’s from our Deputy Principal for Education, Course Directors and other staff. Students will also be able to contribute their own greetings to their new colleagues. All are welcome to attend either of these events online but they will be tailored to individual courses. The events will stream live; recordings will be available immediately afterward.
- Wednesday 25 August at 11:00 am
- Wednesday 15 September at 11:00 am
- Wednesday 22 September at 11:00 am
Get Started at St George’s 2021 online induction module
Much of our induction content for new students is our Get Started at St. George’s online module. All undergraduate students, as well as students on the MPAS Physician Associate and MSc Physiotherapy programmes must complete the online module within a fixed period as a condition of enrolling on the course. The module will open on August 1, 2021 and you will be able to enrol on it once you have accepted your offer.
- Early starters (MPAS Physician Associate, MBBS Medicine (graduate entry), BSc Paramedic Science and MSc Physiotherapy)should complete the module by 17 September.
- All other undergraduate programmesshould complete by 15 October.
The Get Started Module consists of:
- Student Safety and Support, including Health and Safety, Fitness to Practice, Sexual Consent and Bystander Action, Advocacy and Allyship and information on support services.
- Learning Support, including Study Skills, Library Induction and Careers and Employability
- Our Community, including the Student Voice, opportunities for feedback and Connections with other parts of our Community
- Additional Information for International Students.
The main goal of induction is to make sure that you're set up for your studies and that you're starting to feel part of the university and our community. If at any point you are struggling or unsure please read our Wellbeing section or contact the Student Life Centre.