St George's introduced a Race Equality Action and Engagement Group (REAEG) in 2021 after our Institutional Review of Race Equality. The group aims to facilitate development and track progress of the race equality action plan, which addresses issues affecting representation, progression and success amongst Black, Asian and minority ethnic staff and students.
The group works collaboratively providing input and feedback on the development of actions agreed in as part of the Institutional Review of Race Equality. The group also seeks to foster wider engagement with race equality and cultural diversity across the University, championing race equality and maintaining a postive focus on driving change.
Members of REAEG are not restricted to those with relevant operational responsibilities. They come from across the University, with diverse ethnic backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. It is based on a model of partnership, whereby additional staff or students will be co-opted for themed meetings or time-bound subgroups to work on specific projects.
- Vanessa Ho (Dean for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion - Chair)
- Clare Brooks (HR and D&I Committees Secretary - Clerk)
- Ban Haider (Associate Dean for Culture and Development)
- Rosie MacLachlan (Associate Dean for Access and Participation)
- Angela Donin (Associate Dean for Equality and Diversity Enhancement)
- Sanjana Panchagnula (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Adviser)
- Caroline Davis/Pamela Agar (External Relations, Communications and Marketing)
- Jenny Winters (Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development)
- Jenny Laws (Registry)
- Anthony Wilson (Co-Chair of Staff Race and Ethnicity Network)
- Sheetal Kavia (Co-Chair of Staff Race and Ethnicity Network)
- Michelle Moroney (Co-Chair of Staff Race and Ethnicity Network)
- Sarah Jones (Student Union President)
- George Hadjiyiannakis (Student Union Equality and Diversity Officer)
- Chantal Salira (Student Union Equality and Diversity Officer)
- Ian Crinson (UCU Representative)
- Melanie Brunst (Unite Representative)
- Tai Li Ling (Staff Representative - Exams Team)
- Thushari Welikala (Staff Representative - Inclusive Education)
- Margot Turner (Staff Representative - Medical Education)
- Tripti Chakraborty (Staff Representative - Physician Associate)
- Mohani-Preet Dhillon (Staff Representative - Postdoc/Research)
- Denise Chase (Staff Representative - Student compliance)
- Kim Sien Choong Kam Chong (Student Representative - PGT)
- Pavandeep Toor (Student Representative - UG Medicine)
- Layla Walker Lawrence (Student Representative - UG Medicine)
- Ogor Babundo (Student Representative - UG Medicine)
How to get involved
Staff and students are encouraged to contact members of REAEG to share feedback, ask questions or provide input if they wish to.
You can find a list of Recommendations for Action and the relevant leads in the Final Report of the Institutional Review of Race Equality.