Published: 22 September 2021
We are delighted to announce that St George’s, University of London has been shortlisted for the 2021 Women of the Future Awards in the Corporate category and Dr Mohani-Preet Kaur Dhillon (Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Tutor in Clinical Pharmacology, and Founder of Equal Representation in Academia) has been shortlisted in the Science category.
This award recognises organizations in the UK that support and nurture young women in the workforce.
The Women of the Future Corporate Award seeks to identify organisations that are:
- Clearly and demonstrably committed to realising the talents of the younger women within their workforce
- Showing innovation in how they enable their younger women to fulfil their objectives
- Engaged in wider public debate about the role of younger women in society
- Committed to positive social change that will enable younger women to prosper
The Women of the Future Awards, founded by Pinky Lilani CBE DL in 2006, were conceived to provide a platform for the remarkable female talent in the UK. The awards are open to all women aged 35 or under. There are three special awards that operate outside of this criteria:
- Women of the Future Corporate Award (open to an organisation)
- Women of the Future Mentor Award (open to men and women of any age)
- Women of the Future Young Star Award (open to 16 to 21-year-old)
Dr Vanessa Ho, Dean for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion said
I am absolutely delighted to hear about our shortlist for the 2021 Women of the Future Awards. It is a testament to our collective effort in furthering diversity and inclusion, which in turn fosters the development and success of students and staff. I am also delighted to share that Dr Mohani-Preet Kaur Dhillon (Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Tutor in Clinical Pharmacology, and Founder of Equal Representation in Academia) has been shortlisted in the Science category of the 2021 Women of the Future Awards.
Congratulations to all involved and thanks to the EDI team for shining the spotlight on St George’s and showcasing our commitment to empowering women within our workforce.