Skip to content

The Federal and Provincial Governments offer financial aid to Canadians studying at St George's, University of London.

St George's institutional code is PUIQ (although some provinces/territories may use a different code). Canadian loans are means-tested, meaning you must demonstrate financial need in order to qualify for financial aid.

Generally, students interested in applying for a loan must do so through their provincial/territorial student assistance office or website. When you apply for a loan, you're considered for funding by both the Provincial and Federal Government, meaning you only have to apply once for funding for the year.

While federal loans are handled through a lender called the National Student Loans Service Centre, provincial loans are handled through the provincial governments and student aid branches.

Visit Campus Access for a comprehensive overview of the process

Your provincial Student Finance Department will process most of your loans (not St George's). However, you may require verification of your student status by the University. We also have to confirm that you've been accepted onto a course or are already enrolled with us before any financial aid will be disbursed to you.

Canadian taxpayers

Canadian taxpayers who are studying full-time for a degree at St George’s, University of London are eligible to claim the appropriate percentage of tuition fees paid (subject to certain restrictions) as a tax credit. Also, the parent/guardian of such a student is eligible to claim the transferred portion of tuition fees allowed under the Canadian Income Tax Act.

Students who wish to make such a claim need to complete form TL11A E and also ensure that they have their receipts bearing the name of the University.

Once completed, please hand the form into the Student Centre so that the University can certify the details.


Find a profileSearch by A-Z