Jenner Day is a yearly celebration of infection and immunity research in honour of one of St George’s most famous alumni, the vaccinologist Edward Jenner.
At each meeting, investigators from the Institute for Infection and Immunity at St George’s welcome friends and colleagues from across London, particularly from our major research partners (St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine), other universities, Public Health England, the National Institute of Biological Standards and Controls, the Pirbright Institute, and the Animal and Plant Health Agency.
Presentations from researchers at St George’s and invited colleagues cover a range of topics in academic and clinical sciences. These presentations feature work on major human bacterial, viral, parasitic and fungal pathogens and highlight our range of research interests; from molecular biology to systems biology, and from diagnostics to therapy.
A highpoint of each meeting is the keynote Jenner Lecture, given by a distinguished speaker, whose work has had a major global health impact.
Jenner Day 2023
Jenner Day 2023 was held on Wednesday 20 September 2023. The Jenner Lecture was given by Keith Klugman from The Gates Foundation.
Recorded lectures from Jenner Day 2023
The following Panopto recordings are from Jenner Day 2023.
Unfortunately, the last three speakers' recordings are unavailable due to technical issue.
Previous Jenner Day lecturers
View all Close all
- 2023: Professor Keith Klugman from the Gates Foundation
- 2022: Professor Jonathan Van-Tam, former Deputy Chief Medical Officer
- 2021: Professor Sir Andrew Pollard, University of Oxford
- 2020: Professor Stewart Cole, Institute Pasteur
- 2019: Sir Brian Greenwood, LSHTM
- 2018: Professor Dennis Burton, Scripps Research, Ragon Institute, USA
- 2017: Professor Sharon Peacock, Sanger Institute/LSHTM
- 2016: Dr Marie-Paule Kieny, World Health Organization
- 2015: Professor Antonio Lanzavecchia, ETH Zurich
- 2014: Professor Robin Weiss, University College London
- 2013: Professor Tom Blundell, University of Cambridge
- 2012: Professor Arturo Casadevall, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 2011: Professor Philippe Sansonetti, College de France and Institut Pasteur
- 2010: Professor Sir Mark Walport, The Wellcome Trust
- 2009: Professor Myron M Levine, University of Maryland School of Medicine.