St George’s has a successful track record of innovation and knowledge exchange with a dedicated team of experts available to manage and advise on a range of different industry related project.
We have a successful consultancy programme where our academic and clinical experts share their knowledge and expertise with a partner organisation, which can be either industry or third sector. We also have a number of successful collaborative research projects with key industry partners where the partners have access to our experts and specialist facilities to help them develop a new product that also further an academic research field.
St George’s has recently recruited a new Enterprise and Innovation Team, led by Dr Ambalika Batra, who all have different experience and expertise in aspects relating to knowledge exchange. Ranging from experts in management and protection of intellectual property through to start-up management and entrepreneurship we are equipped to advise and guide our researchers to generate the most impact from their research.
About Open 4 Business
2022 sees the launch of the new Open 4 Business Initiative which aims to bring a number of new programmes and partnerships under one banner with the ultimate aim of engaging with our industry partners.
Open 4 Business (O4B) has 4 main objectives, which are:
- Growing with our local community
- Building internal capacity
- Strengthening our SME partners
- Powering collaborative innovation.
Under each of these objectives we have a number of initiatives which are set out below.
Growing with our local community
St George's, University of London has joined the BIG South London Partnership as the only medical school in South London.
- We are working with Wandsworth and Richmond Borough Council to link into their new workspaces across the borough.
Building internal capacity
New team, new strategy.
- Updated processes and policies and refreshed pages on our website for ease of access.
- Workshop programmes, targeted to needs of our Institutes.
Strengthening our SME Partners
SME Innovation Vouchers and Hot House Funding Programmes.
- Providing specialist equipment and facilities at accessible rates with bespoke packages.
Powering collaborative innovation
Concept Development Award
- Expertise in commercialisation of new technology.
- Flexible and bespoke collaboration opportunities for all sizes of industry partners.