Skip to content

In accordance with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) rules, before you can be registered on to a new course, we must check your identity, address and immigration documents to ensure you have the right to study in the UK and the details we hold are correct.

Registering with a student visa

You must bring the following documents to enrolment:

  • original current passport for each nationality you hold

  • student visa, for example, your biometric residence permit (BRP) or visa decision letter

  • original qualification documents – as listed on your CAS

As the Student Sponsor, we are required to keep copies of these documents for UKVI audit purposes.  

Maintaining your immigration status throughout your studies is your responsibility. You must also make sure that you are aware of your responsibilities both to us and UKVI. See your Student visa responsibilities for more information.

Registering with another type of visa

It may be possible to register at St George’s with another type of visa/permission provided that this does not prohibit study in the UK. This would typically include (but not restricted to) the following:

  • settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlment Scheme (EUSS)
  • a visa which is in a category outside the points-based system (PBS), such as a spouse or diplomatic visa

  • a visa issued for another category of the PBS , such as a Youth Mobility Scheme visa (Tier 5)

  • a dependant visa.

If you wish to enrol on a non-student visa, please contact us to confirm that your visa is suitable for registration at the university. 

You will not be allowed to register with a visa that does not permit full-time study in the UK. Your visa should cover the duration of your course. If not, you may still be allowed to register. However, you need to be aware that your continued registration will require you to be able to extend this visa or successfully switch into another immigration category.

Pending application

If you have immigration permission to be in the UK and have recently submitted a visa application for permission to stay  but have not yet received a decision, you must bring proof of the submission of the application to enrolment. Your application must have been submitted before the date your last visa expired.

Please be aware that you will be registering at your own risk. Should the visa application subsequently be refused, you may have to be de-registered and may lose monies already paid to the university. You must notify us as soon as you receive your new visa, or other UKVI decision.


Find a profileSearch by A-Z