Skip to content

This category is specifically for those who are Commonwealth citizens and have a grandparent born in the UK. You can only apply for this visa from outside the UK.


You can apply for a UK Ancestry visa if you:

  • are a Commonwealth citizen

  • are 17 years old or over

  • can provide evidence one of your grandparents was born in the UK

  • intend to take or seek employment in the UK

  • are applying from outside the UK

  • have enough money for living and accommodation expenses.

You can stay in the UK for five years on this visa. You can apply to extend this visa, and you can also apply to settle in the UK permanently if you’ve lived in the UK for five years on this visa and you meet other eligibility requirements.

You can find more information about the UK Ancestry visa category on the GOV.UK website.


Find a profileSearch by A-Z