Skip to content

If you are aged 18 to 30 and are a national of one of the countries listed below, or have a certain type of British nationality, the Youth Mobility visa allows you to come to the UK for up to two years to work or look for work:

  • Australia, Canada, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea and Taiwan

  • British overseas citizens, British overseas territories citizens and British nationals (overseas).

You need to be sponsored if you’re from Hong Kong or the Republic of Korea.

Youth Mobility visa eligibility

You can only apply for this visa from outside the UK.

You must have £1890 in your personal bank account on the day that you apply.

You can study and work in most jobs, but you can’t extend this visa or switch into any other visa route while in the UK.

You cannot apply if you have children who live with you, children you are financially responsible for, or if you have already been in the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category.

You can find more information about the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa category on the GOV.UK website.


Find a profileSearch by A-Z