You may be eligible to extend your Tier 4 (General) visa whilst in the UK. We recommend you read the following pages before making an application.

Three students leaving the library


Applications and documents



If you hold a visa from another university

If you currently hold a Tier 4 (General) visa sponsored by another university, college or school, you must apply for a new Tier 4 (General) visa before you can start your course at St George's. This new visa needs to be sponsored by us.

Further information

You must ensure that you make your Tier 4 (General) application before your current visa expires. It is a good idea to start preparing your application early. We advise you start at least two months before your current immigration permission ends, and longer if you need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate.

If you have immigration permission in a different category, you may be able to switch to a Tier 4 (General) visa from within the UK.  Please refer to GOV.UK for more information including switching in country.

Last Updated: Thursday, 28 February 2019 16:42