The St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and St George's, University of London annual Community Open Day took place on Saturday 15 November from 10.30am to 4pm.
Filled with fun, interactive activities for children and adults alike, the event was an enjoyable and informative day for the whole family.
Visitors were invited to meet our staff, governors and community partners and discover the wide range of healthcare services and educational opportunities the trust and university provides.
Event and activities included:
- a 'Great Debate' on medical ethical issues
- a tour of covering 250 years of key events in the university’s history
- the Wellness Zone: a series of taster exercise sessions, games and healthy living tips
- the opportunity to try out your surgical skills in our simulation unit and go behind the scenes of our sterile services and see our robotic surgery suite
- interactive science exhibits examining how research in Tooting is affecting the globe
- the opportunity to be part of our future by becoming a member of St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- information on careers in healthcare and medicine
Family activities included:
- Entertainment in our lecture theatres from university societies and bands
- Face painting and a magician
- Competitions and a draw to win a tour of the helipad