Skip to content

Please see below answers to specific international queries. We will be adding to and updating these as more information becomes available so please check back for regular updates. Please also see FAQs for all applicants and offer holders for all other general queries.   

View all Close all
What happens if my school is closed and exams cancelled? 
We are aware that many international schools have closed and summer exams have been cancelled. We will continue to respond to further information as it’s released which will inform how we proceed. We are in contact with UCAS, as well as the Medical Schools Council and our aptitude test providers to ensure our processes are in-line with the latest information provided. For updates, please visit Guidance for Undergraduate Applicants and Offer Holders.
I have applied but not heard back? 
If you are waiting to hear the outcome of your application, please note we are continuing to assess and make offers to eligible applicants using the entry requirements published on our website. We aim to have communicated a decision to all applicants within two weeks of submission or interview.
I have received an offer from St George’s, what happens next?

If you have applied through UCAS, you now have until 18 June to consider whether you want to accept our offer. UCAS have moved the date back to allow students more time to do their research.   

If you are a postgraduate offer holder, and have applied through our website, the date by which you have to respond to your offer depends on when you received your offer. Offer holders who received their offer by 31st March have until 11th May to respond. Offers received after 1st April have 4 weeks from the date of their offer to respond.  

For all offer holders, once you have accepted our offer, we will wait until we have received your final results before proceeding. While the way you attain your final results may have changed, we will continue to follow our standard practice of matching your results to your offer conditions. We understand that these are exceptional circumstances and so if you are not able to meet the conditions outlined in your offer then we will consider other elements of your application or performance during the admissions process. We may review your interview scores (where applicable), personal statement and reference to inform the outcome of your application.   

One of my offer conditions is to meet English Language requirements, but the test centre is closed. Do I still need take a test?  

Offer holders are still required to meet the English Language conditions of their offer, as set out in their offer letter. We are in contact with English Language test providers and will update applicants in due course should there be any changes.   

One of our most frequently requested English Language tests is IELTS, who are publishing country-specific updates, with many test centres around the world re-opening. Further information can be found here.   

A list of alternative English Language tests that we accept can be found on our website. This includes the internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) which you are able to complete from home. More information about this test can be found on the TOEFL website. Please email the Admissions team on if you intend to take the internet-based TOEFL in order to meet the conditions of your offer.  

If you are unable to take an any of the alternative English Language tests listed on our website, we may consider the IELTS Indicator test. Please contact Admissions on to discuss your situation before proceeding.  

One of my offer conditions is to pass Fitness to Practice requirements, what do I need to do?  
All applicants holding an offer for a clinical course is required to pass an Occupational Health and Police check. These checks have previously required social contact, so we are currently updating our processes in light of COVID-19. Further information will be emailed to you directly by mid June.
Will I be issued a CAS if I start my course online? 

For every undergraduate course essential, hands-on teaching will be taking place on-campus, with appropriate safety measures in place. To enable the necessary distancing, numbers on campus at any one time have to be carefully controlled, so all the teaching that can be, will be delivered online during the first term.  

We expect students to travel to campus, if travel and visa arrangements allow, for the start of term and a CAS will be issued to students who have met all conditions of their offer and have had their visa documentation reviewed by the International Advising Team.    

We are aiming to return to face to face teaching, learning and social activities as soon as it is safe to do so and in line with Government guidance.  

Are Visa Application centres open around the world? 

From 1 June 2020, UK Visas and Immigration is beginning a phased resumption of services in certain Visa Application Centres (VACs): Mainland China, (Beijing, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Shanghai), Hong Kong, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Taiwan (Taipei), Thailand (Bangkok), Australia (Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney), Fiji (Suva).   

For updates to the status of VACs in your country, contact:  

  • TLS contact if you’re in Europe, Africa and parts of the Middle East  

  • VFS global for all other countries  

I have questions about Tier 4 visa and immigration, who can I talk to at the university?

Offer holders concerned about obtaining or renewing their visas can contact our International Advising team at   

More information about visas and immigration can be found on the international student support pages of our website at International Student Support.

Will I need to self-isolate on arriving to the UK? 

If you arrive in the UK on or after 8 June, you will be subject to self-isolation rules ('quarantine'), unless you are exempt - students, as a group, are not exempt. Full details are in government guidance on how to self-isolate on arrival in the UK. In summary, you will have to provide your journey and contact details on an online form 48 hours or less before you travel to the UK and you will not be allowed to leave the place where you are staying in the UK for your first 14 days, except in very limited situations. You may be fined a sum of money if you fail to provide details of where you plan to stay and, in England, if you do not self-isolate. This means that if you intend to come to the UK for study, you must take into account these extra days of not being able to attend classes, see other people or leave your accommodation except for very limited reasons. There is no end date yet for these measures.   

You can self-isolate in our Halls accommodation and give the address below as your contact details on the online form. If you decide to do this please let our Accommodation Team know as soon as possible (by emailing so that they can make arrangements.    

Horton Halls  
St Georges Grove  
Tooting, London  
SW17 0BD  

You must not travel if you have symptoms of the illness or have been in contact with people who may be infected. 

What if due to travel restrictions I cannot travel for the start of my course? 

At the moment, it is difficult to know how long the current disruption will last. We fully appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different, and some students may be unable to travel to campus in time for the start of term, we hope to accommodate this as much as possible.    

Students will be notified of a latest course start date, this is the latest date that they must arrive on site for teaching.   

How do I apply for accommodation in university Halls?

Applications for our Halls of residence are now open. For information about our rooms, fees and to make your application please visit  

First year, full-time, international students are guaranteed accommodation in our Halls, if they apply by 1 July and have firmly accepted our offer.  You are not required to pay a deposit or any fees when you make your application. So that if circumstances later change and you do not want to move to Halls, you are not committed and you can decide not to take up Halls accommodation.   

In August, when you are allocated a room, you have to decide whether to take your room and if so you pre-pay £150 of the first instalment of rent. But again, we can assure you that if for any reasons the circumstances change and you cannot move to Halls, we will fully refund you.  
Students will need to take up their accommodation from the start of term even if they are not physically on site.   

Finally, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. If you later change your mind, you are under no obligation to take up university accommodation. 

What are we doing to ensure our campus and accommodation is COVID safe? 
We are ensuring your accommodation is COVID-safe by following the latest UK government guidance. We take the safety of our students and staff very seriously and will be providing a full safety briefing to students on arrival.     
What support is there if I am experiencing financial hardship? 
International students are defined as vulnerable, which means that you should have guaranteed appropriate accommodation, immediate access to hardship funds if necessary, and support with obtaining food, cleaning and medical supplies. We continue to offer dedicated student support meaning you will have access to a range of support services, including wellbeing and disability support when you join us. We know how important mental health is which is why we have expanded our counselling provision so that we are here if and when you need support. We also offer students access to Big White Wall, an online support service which can be accessed 24/7. 
Who can I contact for further information not covered by the FAQs?
Please contact the admissions team on for any queries related to your offer.    

For visa related queries please contact the International Advising team on  

Are there any useful websites with further information for international students and applicants?


Find a profileSearch by A-Z