St George’s, University of London is a specialist university exclusively dedicated to medical and health sciences education, training and research. We share a clinical environment with St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, a major London teaching hospital, offering exceptional opportunities for knowledge exchange and translational research.
The university has an international reputation for research and innovation, with strong links to other institutions and organisations. We are constantly seeking to expand our university-industry collaborations to foster and excel our innovative research and enable impact on health.
Ways to collaborate with us
At St George’s, our world-leading researchers in the medical sciences are encouraged to contribute their scientific knowledge to society through collaborations industry partners.
Our areas of research and expertise are wide-ranging, from cardiology to neurosciences to vaccinology.
View all Close all
St George’s has four research institutes, which have brought together academics and clinicians from related areas of research:
- The Molecular and Clinical Sciences Research Institute
- The Institute for Infection and Immunity
- The Population Health Research Institute
- The Institute of Medical and Biomedical Education
Our areas of Academic and Research Expertise :
- cardiovascular epidemiology
- cell biology and genetics
- clinical and tropical infection
- diagnostics and AMR
- education services and approved courses
- genetic epidemiology
- genetic factors in disease
- health care evaluation
- immunology and pathophysiology
- life course epidemiology and mental health
- ophthalmic epidemiology
- pathogen biology and genomics
- primary care epidemiology
- respiratory and environmental epidemiology
- therapeutics and vaccinology
- vascular & cardiac surgery
- vascular biology
Access our academic expertise to support your R&D through our Consultancy programme
Experts on hand to generate real impact for our business partners through our world class research expertise.
We work with businesses, charities and public sector organisation of all sizes.
Some of the ways that our expert researchers can help your business:
- address specific technical issues
- provide guidance on scientific procedures
- give expert advice for legal cases
- advise on the efficacy of a new piece of technology
Through collaboration with our world-leading researchers your business can access funding to support your R&D pipeline.
Industry Engagement Fund - Up to £2,000 to initiate a new collaboration between your company and our researchers
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships - 12 - 36 month part-funded partnership established to support SMEs to innovate and grow by linking them with a research group and a graduate.
To discuss funding opportunities and collaborations with St George's please GET IN TOUCH
St George's, University of London has an impressive portfolio of IP available for licensing.
For further information please contact the Enterprise & Innovation team
We have a number of research facilities available to businesses and collaborating partners with access to experts on a consultancy basis. For further information visit Our Research Facilities