Our students benefit from a cutting edge virtual reality suite and an interactive treatment planning system throughout the course to support learning and enhance practical skills.
Teaching and learning methods
Teaching methods include lectures, seminars, peer-assisted learning, case-based learning, simulated practical experience and clinical experience. Facilities include the Virtual Environment for Radiotherapy Training (VERT) and an interactive treatment planning system, both of which are used throughout the course to support learning and enhance practical skills.
Virtual Environment for Radiotherapy Training VERT
The Virtual Environment for Radiotherapy Training (VERT) creates a three-dimensional treatment suite and offers an interactive function that hones the psychomotor skills required to deliver radiotherapy with pinpoint accuracy. If you stduy with us, you'll practice your radiography skills in a safe and supportive environment using the latest virtual reality:
- VERT creates a three-dimensional treatment suite and offers an interactive environment that develops and refines psychomotor skills required to deliver radiotherapy with pinpoint accuracy
- This innovative equipment allows us to further enhance your teaching and learning experience
Our teaching draws on the wealth of experience of our placement collaborators and alumni who present masterclasses and workshops that enrich your learning. They also inform the curriculum to maintain its currency.
Practice placements provide an opportunity to put theory into practice and consolidate learning experiences. Practice placement sites include:
- Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Chelsea, London
- Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, Surrey
- Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust, Guildford, Surrey
- St Luke’s Cancer Centre, East Surrey Hospital, Redhill
A combination of academic coursework (including essays, reports and presentations), written and practical examinations, portfolios, practice placement assessments and a research dissertation are used to assess your progress.
Because we want you to reach your full potential, we build in opportunities for formative assessments and provide feedback on assessment tasks so you know what you need to do to optimise your performance.
Last Updated: Thursday, 08 October 2015 16:17