The majority of the academic element of this course is delivered at Kingston University, and covers basic biological, physical, sociological and psychological sciences and radiographic practice.
Teaching and learning methods
Teaching methods include lectures, seminars, peer-assisted learning, case-based learning, simulated practical experience and work experience in a practice placement setting. Our facilities include a state-ofthe-art digital imaging suite, which supports learning and development of radiography practice skills.
Case based learning
Our teaching draws on the wealth of experience of our placement collaborators and alumni who present masterclasses and workshops that enrich your learning. They also inform the curriculum to maintain its currency.
Clinical placements provide an opportunity to put theory into practice and consolidate learning experiences. Diagnostic radiographers work predominantly in hospital diagnostic imaging departments, but also in operating theatres, accident and emergency departments.
Practice placement locations include:
- Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Trust, Chertsey, Surrey
- Chelsea and Westminster NHS Trust, London
- Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust, Carshalton, Surrey
- Frimley Park NHS Trust, Camberley, Surrey
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, London
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust, London
- Kingston Hospital NHS Trust, Kingston, Surrey
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London
- Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Guildford, Surrey
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London
- The Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Croydon University Hopsital, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust, Surrey
- West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust, London
- Barts Health NHS Trust, London
A combination of academic coursework (including essays, reports and presentations), written and practical examinations, practice placement assessments and a research dissertation are used to assess your progress.
Because we want you to reach your full potential, we build in opportunities for formative assessments and provide feedback on assessment tasks so you know what you need to do to optimise your performance.
Last Updated: Thursday, 08 October 2015 16:11