When you graduate with a Physician Associate Studies MSc from St George’s you open a world of opportunities. The sheer breadth of experience that you will gain on the course means you are assured of a varied and exciting career.
We are proud to boast a 100% employment record upon graduation, so our unrivalled reputation for excellence means you can expect to secure rewarding positions in GP practices and acute trusts throughout the UK.
The course is demanding but incredibly rewarding and fulfilling. Our multi-disciplinary approach means that by the end of it you will be able to:
- safely practitice in a wide variety of clinical settings within your scope of practice and under agreed supervision
- be an expert communicator who is empathic in a manner appropriate to a healthcare profession
- critically examine health inequalities and the challenges of working in a multicultural environment
- be aware of the limits of your competence and committed to acting within these limits
- critically evaluate the context of multiprofessional working in a team environment
- be adept in the use of communication and information technology skills for healthcare
- critically appraise the evidence underpinning their practice
- be a capable and motivated lifelong learner who is continually engaged in active professional development
- understand the need to maintain and promote health, as well as to cure or palliate disease, and be aware of your obligations to the wider community, as well as to individuals
- integrate theoretical and clinical learning
Some US-qualified physician associates are already working in the UK in acute and community settings, as are graduates from UK training programmes.
We are working hard to open up job opportunities for our graduates; while doctors and the medical community continue to express a keen interest. The NHS is also supporting the courses and encouraging the creation of physician associate posts in the UK.
You may find these links helpful in exploring the physician associate role:
- Competence and Curriculum Framework for the Physician Assistant
- Matrix Specification of Core Clinical Conditions for the Physician Associate
- Faculty of Physician Associates
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
Last Updated: Thursday, 08 October 2015 16:43