Three years, full time
Apply through UCAS, Institution code S49
UCAS application deadline: 15 January
UK and EU citizens may apply
Accreditation: Health and Care Professionals Council
This programme is currently validated as a two year Foundation Degree in Paramedic Science (UCAS code B780).
The BSc in Paramedic Science is designed to develop you into an autonomous evidenced based clinician. You will be able to manage life threatening emergency situations from cardiac arrest to multi-system trauma. You will cover minor illness and Injury as managing these types of patient calls along with chronic conditions are the main part of a paramedics work load. The programme will skill you in all areas of out of hospital care, mental health, social needs, maternity, chronic conditions, pharmacology and trauma.
Visit Kingston’s Centre for Paramedic Science webpages for more information.
- You will spend 2,250 hours on placement in a variety of opportunities alongside one of the busiest ambulance services in the world, London Ambulance Service (LAS)
- Shared campus with one of the largest teaching hospitals in the UK Careers advice embedded into our teaching
- Highly experienced Paramedic team of Senior lecturers working as clinicians
- Dedicated Anaesthetist to the programme
- Centre is undertaking hospital research which informs practice and education
- Simulation Suite comprising of home environments and ambulance saloons
- Use of Guest lectures and speakers in specialist topics.
This programme is awarded by the Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education at the School of Rehabilitation Sciences. The joint Faculty is a unique partnership between Kingston University and St George's, University of London.
St George's, University of London combines teaching and research excellence in areas directly applicable to healthcare sciences. Kingston University has a long-established reputation for high-quality, vocationally-relevant education.