The Image Resource Facility at St George's (IRF) produces powerfully magnified medical images using state of the art equipment.
The IRF is a core bio-imaging resource facility. It provides imaging and support to students and researchers at St Gerorge's, University of London and St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Its services are also available to external academic institutions and collaborators.
The IRF team offers light microscopy, electron microscopy, sample preparation and training on how to use a variety of powerful equipment for medical imaging.
- Confocal laser scanning and time-lapse microscopy
- Epifluorescence microscopy (inverted and upright)
- Digital image analysis
- High resolution 16Mp Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Routine processing of samples to resin block
- Semi and Ultra-thin sectioning
- TEM immunogold labelling techniques
- Processing and sectioning paraffin wax
- Frozen sectioning
- Routine and special histology staining
Training and support
For all these services, the IRF provides hands-on training and workshops with expert scientific and technical support.
Find out more